SGHP is happy to announce the addition of Yoga to our program!
The addition to yoga to our program encompasses our whole training philosophy with proper breathing and gaining flexibility, stability and mobility. You’ll find your inner balance while improving your movement and increasing strength.
Yoga classes will be offered every other Saturday and Wednesday. See schedule for days and times. Our instructors are skilled in various areas of yoga as listed below and will classes will revolve around those types. Click here for our store to register!
Types of yoga our instructors are trained in:
- All Levels Vinyasa Class:
- Vinyasa Yoga is generally a kind of physical Yoga practice that connects movement and different poses to the breath. Yoga poses are done in sequence to make a continuous flow.
- All Levels Hatha Class:
- Hatha Yoga encompasses many of the physical types of yoga. In a Hatha class, students learn to break down poses without necessarily having to sequence them together. Hatha classes provide good information on the fundamentals of a physical Yoga practice.
- Yin Class:
- Yin Yoga, which originated in China, constitutes holding poses for longer periods of time in order to elasticize connective tissue and to encourage a deeper internal experience. In a Yin Yoga class, students usually stay low to the floor and grounded.
- Ashtanga Class:
- Is a system of yoga transmitted to the modern world by Sri K. Pattabhi Jois (1915-2009). This method of yoga involves synchronizing the breath with a progressive series of postures- a process producing intense internal heat and a profuse, purifying sweat that detoxifies muscles and organs. The result is improved circulation, a light and strong body and a calm mind.